Thing 2 has been coming up with some pretty good ones lately. The other Jake brought the kids to Wal-mart to visit me at work and to pick up a few things. There was a man in a motorized cart with a beard at the pharmacy counter. Thing 2 says "hi Jesus, how you doing Jesus" over and over again. I tried to tell him it wasn't and to stop, Jake tried to get his attention focused on something else, but it didn't work. Jake had to leave and came back after the man had left. I can't help chuckling each time I think about it.
Yesterday, I was trying to explain that the kids shouldn't jump on my lap because there is a baby in my belly. Both kids wanted to see the baby. We explained that it would be a while before we can see the baby. Today, Thing 2 came up to me pointed to my belly and said "baby's here?" I said yes, he then pulled up my pajama shirt just enough to see the top of my pajama pants and said "oh that's cute."
At church on Sunday there were some flowers on the clerks desk. Thing 2 said, "Oh, white and pink flowers, I love pink flowers." Everyone around us snickered.
Okay, the Jesus story is the best thing I have heard in a long, long, time. Steve and I both had a good laugh, so thanks we really needed that tonight! They are so stinking cute, we really should hang out more often!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good laugh!
ReplyDelete