Last Thursday morning Jake said we are going to have a lemonade stand today. I was a little disappointed that I would be going to work so they prepared on Thursday by coloring letter pages I printed and we had it on Friday. I stayed up until about midnight making cookies. Jake went to Wal-mart and bought dry erase boards. All in all, due to start up costs, we took a loss on the 5 cent cups of lemonade and 5 cent cookies.
The kids loved it and it was fun to see them interact with people who stopped. Jake told them to say thanks to their customers, so Thing 1 said, “Thanks customer” to everyone as they left the lemonade stand. They each made about $5 because there were a lot of overpaying and tips. They set tithing aside and saved all but a dollar each they spend in the little toy vending machines at Wal-mart.
Jake keeps talking about our next lemonade stand, I was under the impression it was one time thing. Oh-well maybe next time I will buy chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment