Announcing baby Whipple #3. Thing 3 was born on June 22nd at 9:28 PM he weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces, he was 19 1/2 inches long. He didn’t have any problems. He was alert and healthy.
Last Friday was a very busy day for us. Jake and I got up early to go to the temple, we went to breakfast and then picked up the kids from my mom’s house. I was invited to go to Costco with my mom and sister Jill. So after naps we headed for Costco. We walked around and picked up a bunch of stuff I thought we might need in the coming weeks. I probably did to much lifting and helping the kids in and out of the cart.
After Costco we went to the fabric store to see if they had some fabric to make some quilts and curtains for the kids new room upstairs. On the way home I felt a few contractions but I had been having some here and there for a while so I didn’t really worry about it. We found what I wanted and headed home. When we got home we let the kids swim for a little while.
While the kids were swimming I asked Jake how consistent contractions needed to be to go in. Because my doctor had said if I was sitting or laying down and drinking water for 2 hours still contracting to come in. He called our friend Brian to ask him and I called Charlynn to ask her. Brian said to go in if they were less than 15 minutes apart. They definitely were so we packed and had my niece Nicole come to watch the kids until we knew if they would keep us or send us home.
At the hospital they had me give them a urine sample and hooked me up to all the monitors. I was only dilated to a 1 so I figured they would just send me home. But the contractions got closer together and much harder, so I also hoped they wouldn’t send me home because I wouldn’t know when to come back.
An hour later they came in and said I had a UTI, so they would give me some Keflex and send me home. They checked me and I was dilated to a 2, so because I was laboring and changing they decided to do the c-section. (I had a c-section with the twins so we had planned a c-section for June 29th). We called my mom to come spend the night with Thing 1 and Thing 2.
About an hour later Jake was holding our little baby. He is a sweet little one. He is sleeping pretty well at night and most of the day. He is adorable and his brother and sister love him (maybe a little to much). I’m recovering well, probably doing a little more than I should but I’m not hurting to bad.
We have taken more pictures on our phones this time. These are off the camera. we will have to put the pictures from the phones on the computer to share some more.
He is so perfect Cathrynn. I can not believe all the dark hair. I am very happy for you guys, I cannot wait to see him in August for the blessing. I hope you heal fast so you can enjoy the rest of your summer with a brand new sweet babe. Naomi and Lucy are loving the pictures, keep them coming :-)
ReplyDelete