Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day

We braved the cold weather and delivered Valentines to some neighbors and family. We mailed some yesterday to some of our cousins. I hope they arrive tomorrow. Thing 1 made butterfly Valentines with a sucker. Thing 2 made some dinosaur Valentines and I also bought him some Phineas and Ferb fruit snack Valentines from the store.

Growing up we would fill out Valentine’s (left over from several years past) and took a stack outside, set them on the doorstep, rang the doorbell, and ran to the side of the house so we would not be seen. I tried to pass that tradition on today, the kids even got cute little masks from their Grandma Whipple in the mail.

Thing 1 put hers on and I said that will be perfect  so no one knows who you are and she said what if someone says “Thing 1 I like your mask”. I said we would run so no one would see her. I almost got caught at one house. And at Grammy’s house they didn’t want to run they wanted to go inside, so we visited there for a few minutes.

Tonight we had lasagna, home made French bread, and cute little cheese cakes in mason jars (we had our Valentine’s dinner tonight because I have to close tomorrow night at work). Thing 1 was pretty excited to go to bed tonight because there was only one more sleep before Valentine’s day. I’m not quite sure why she is so excited about it. I hoe she isn’t disappointed because we did most of our Valentine’s stuff today.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment