Wednesday we hung around the Brady’s house. We had fun playing with toys and swinging on the tree swing in the rain. Porter loved having “my turn” on the tree swing with mom. He was frightened of Blythe’s swimming trophy so the last night when I put him to bed I had to take the “scawy robot” out of the kids room. The kids made magnet soup and a fun time was had by all.
Torie took us to the airport in plenty of time but neither Jake nor I heard them call our flight. I heard every other flight but not ours. Finally Jake got up to ask when we would board. The flight attendant was very rude and told him to get on now because we were the last to board. We ran down the stairs carrying the stroller, two booster seats, and 4 carryon bags. It was a mess. As we were running in the rain to the plane one of the workers on the ground told us we didn’t need to run. We were just fine.
Full of adrenaline we climbed to our seats and waited a short time for take off. Phil picked us up at the Boise airport and we drove home. We were exhausted. The kids slept from Burley home and did a great job (except for all the potty stops).
Porter wanted his own seat on the plane and said, “thanks mom” when I explained that the next time we fly he will get his own seat. Maielle asked if it was “safer to fly in the booster seat” because on the way home we didn’t get them on the carryon cart. Jake said next time we check everything especially if we have to take car seats.
We had a lot of fun on our trip. We ate great food and saw some very fun things. We appreciate our tour guide for putting up with us and letting us stay at her house. We also are grateful to Howard who pretended like he didn’t have to slow down as I ran with him 2.75 miles (on a “not very hilly route”). To Hayden who shared his bathroom and even cleaned it for us. And Blythe even though she wasn’t there for sharing a bobby pin and her room with the scary robot.
No comments:
Post a Comment