My parents are leaving on yet another mission (yes I say another) my parents have left on 3 missions. They served one starting in Fall 2001 (the year I graduated high school) to Aba, Nigeria (18 months). Another to the Aba Nigeria Temple in 2005-2006 (18 months). And now they are going to serve at the Pioneer Sites in Wyoming (6 months). We are sad to see them go, but happy they are going to serve a mission. They are a great example to us and our children.
I'm sad because I am losing a babysitter and project organizer. I wouldn't ever finish any project without my mom's help watching the babies or working on the project. She has helped me bake bread, sew dresses, make curtains, make baby towels for gifts, and just give me a much needed break for a few minutes. She also has babysat a few days while I had to work and Jake had to go to school.
I'm also losing my home improvement man, my dad has been working nonstop on his own bathroom remodel at home, but over the past few weeks he has spent time in our basement finishing our bathroom counter-top and installing a sink. Our bathroom in almost complete because he took the time to come over and help. Today when I said goodbye he told me he was sorry for taking my babysitter away, but I will miss him too.
Thanks mom and dad for all you do. We will miss you more than you know.
Mom wanted a picture with Grammy and Papa, I don't want Thing 1 and Thing 2 to forget them so we took a picture to put in a little plastic book for them to look at.
My nephews are a little crazy when they get together, I think they are torturing Wyatt (this is after the farewell dinner).
Thing 1 showing off her cute dress (I'm going to make her wear it every week until she grows out of it because it was so much work to make, jk)
We took some family pictures, we got a couple where everyone was actually looking at the camera.
I know what you mean about having your Mom around, I feel for ya, hopefully six months will fly by. Cute pictures you all look so good.
ReplyDeleteYay for your parents!! I bet they are excited!
ReplyDeleteRachel is right: YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT!!!
The dress is adorable. Yes make her wear it until she outgrows it. It is so sad when they get old enough to tell you that you don't have a say in what they wear :o(