Instead of unpacking from our trip and cleaning up here I am blogging away. I just don't want to forget all the things we did and the fun we had.
The Whipple's have had a family reunion the past few years with Jake's parents and all his siblings. We went to Disney Land last year and this year we went to McCall. It was a relaxing get away (well kind of relaxing or maybe not is anything relaxing with twins?).
The family reunion actually started Saturday, but we missed that day because of a wedding we needed to attend. They went to Raging Waters and played tennis at a park (that day sounded like the most fun to me). Sunday we had the baby blessing. Monday we drove to McCall which is a beautiful drive for all those who haven't been there. Nothing like the drive to Wyoming.
We went to lunch and then went to the cabin to drop off our stuff. Then we went to the beach. Thing 1 loved walking in the sand along the edge of the water. She loves the water. Thing 2 was sleepy and didn't want to be put down, so he didn't like the beach all that much.
That night we let the kids open birthday presents from their Aunts and Uncles who won't be able to come to their huge first birthday bash. Thing 1 grabbed one piece of wrapping paper and played with it and Thing 2 got help from his cousin unwrapping his present. Hopefully next month they will have unwrapping presents down.
Aunt Bridgett helping Thing 2 unwrap his present
Cousin Naomi helping unwrap Thing 2's present, Thing 1 playing with a piece of Thing 2's wrapping paper
Thing 1 unwrapping her present
After the presents we put the kids to bed and went to the club to play tennis. Some people swam. It was so fun to get back onto a court to play, I hadn't played for 2 years because last year I was pregnant and this year we have been too busy to make it to the tennis courts. I'm glad I could still hit a ball.
The following day we went on a hike. It was 2 miles up and back, but it felt pretty long carrying a 17 pound baby on my back. When we got to a rocky steep place I let one of Jake's brothers carry my pack.
This is the view we hiked up to, it was beautiful
This picture is suppose to be of a water fall, but you can't see it very well
Jake took this picture so I could see what she was doing, she really likes to try to get my hair while I'm carrying the pack.
After the hike we went to the pool and went swimming. Thing 1 loved the water from the moment I got in the pool with her. She loved it in her inner-tube and while she was being carried. Thing 2 was a little nervous at first, but ended up loving it. They both kicked their feet and moved around in the water. Thing 1 would kick her feet and say "kick, kick, kick". Thing 2 would move his arms and legs like he was swimming when his dad put him on his stomach. I wish we had remembered to take the camera, but we will have to visit a pool again and get some good pictures of them swimming.
Yesterday we got packed up and ready to leave the cabin and then we went and looked at some shops. They have some pretty cool ones there in McCall. Then we had lunch at the Pancake House. Then we said goodbyes. This was our last time seeing Jeff (Becky's husband) before he is deployed to Iraq, so that was a sad goodbye. We also said goodbye to all of the rest of the family. Thing 1 gives pretty good hugs and gave everyone one except for Phil (sorry Phil I'm not sure what she has against you).
Overall we had a fun trip. The ride home was pretty long, and the kids were sick of the car by the end. We are glad to be home. But sad the vacation is over.
So cute! I can't believe they are one! How time flies! Hey- did you ever figure anything out with your job??? Are you at all interested in Full-time or only part-time? I know the Indian Health Services had one opening at Fort Hall, but it's for full-time. But...it's only a M-F 8-5 kind of job, I think. Anyway, they only had 1 position open and they will probably fill it soon if you are interested, you should check into it ASAP. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete