Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st Birthday


Happy Birthday

We celebrated Thing1 and Thing 2's birthday. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. We had some of the longest days (and nights) of my life but time just went to fast. We have our doctors appointment next week so I will have stats then.

Thing 1
-Can walk a few steps before she falls
-Loves to sing with the piano
(prelude at church and with everyone else singing at church)
-Has a cheesy grin
-Doesn't like bananas
-Has two bottom teeth
-Enjoys walking while holding your hand or hands
-Likes Texas (the dog) but not to close
-Plays with her hair (especially when mom has it in pigtails)
-Waves hi toward herself and waves bye (while saying da)
-Says stinky and Kick Kick
-Loves to swim
-Likes to drink water
-Gives cuddly hugs
-Is shy
-Can wear3-6 or 6-9 month clothes
-Wears size 3 diapers


Thing 2
-Can walk half way across the room by himself
-Also sings with music
-Yells as he crawls toward you
-Growls
-Likes to eat almost anything
-Has 4 teeth on top and 4 on the bottom
-Likes Texas giggles when he pets him
-Likes being outside (stops crying when we go outside)
-Loves to swim or have a bath
-Sits with his legs crossed
-Claps his hands
-Likes to drink apple juice
-Likes to look at books and play by himself
-Gives nice hugs by laying his head on you
-Wears 6-9 month clothes (9 month size pants are a little big)
-Wears size 3 diapers

We like to play the piano

New car seats (Thing 1 will still have to be rear facing)

Presents (the didn't really unwrap much)


Playing with the neighbors

Sitting on her ball (mom made this one)

Birthday Hats

Cake--yum but a little cold with ice cream
(we are doing their own cakes on Saturday for their party)



We were remembering all day what we did at what time of the day. I had an appointment scheduled for 9 or 10 in the morning. We went in and talked to Dr. Bourkovski. I had been on bed rest for a month and was sick of sitting around and worried that I wouldn't have any time to spend at home with the babies before going back to work. So I wanted to go to work until I went into labor (I had been having contractions for a month). She said because Thing 2 was breach she wanted to do a c-section. She didn't want me to come to the hospital in labor and have to do an emergency c-section so she wanted to do it that day.

She told us to go home get everything we needed and check into the hospital. I was dilated to a 4, which was more than I had been at previous checks. So she called it pre-term labor. Before my appointment I had eaten so we had to wait 8 hours before they could do surgery. So we sat in the hospital and waited. They told us about 6 PM we would be in surgery, but it was 8 before they were prepping me. It was the longest wait of my life. We watched the U.S. open on TV and spent time in an uncomfortable hospital bed for hours connected to the monitors.

We finally went into surgery and at 8:31 PM Thing 1 was born and at 8:35 Thing 2 was born. They were whisked away to be seen by our pediatrician and taken care of by wonderful OB nurses. Thing 2 didn't want to come and had difficulties breathing at first. Thing 1 did great at first and then crashed, so it was a difficult time for Jake. I didn't really know any of this because I was stuck in recovery for half an hour.
By the time I got out of recovery the babies were bathed and wrapped up. What a stressful but wonderful day. I love these kids they are wonderful and we are so happy to have both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment