Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cute, smart kids

Thing 1 and Thing 2 love talking on the phone, or at least pretending. Today I was sitting with them and Thing 1 picked up the play phone and said “hello” and I asked who she was talking to she said “Grammy…Papa”. My mom and dad are Grammy and Papa.

Then I asked if they wanted to see Grandma and Grandpa Whipple this week and Becky and Brynlee. She said their names and then she said “Ben”, who is another uncle who we see sometimes when we see Becky and Brynlee, they are so smart to put things together.

Thing 2 then got the phone and said “hi Becky, hi Brynlee, hi Ben”. Then he said “bye” and put the phone in the toy box.

Jake had a fun time with them this week while I was at work. Our dog Texas got off his tie down and was loose somewhere. So Jake got in the car and started driving around with the kids looking for him. Thing 2 says in the backseat “Texas where are you?” then “Bunny where are you?” I guess they played a game in nursery last week where they looked for a bunny, because both kids have said it since then. They didn’t find Texas but he came home after a long day of running through the alfalfa field.

Thing 1 can count to 5 all by herself and with some help she can get to 10. She counts in the car a lot and it is so cute, she will skip 6 and move on to 7,8,7,8 over and over until someone helps her with 9 then she says 10. She also can sing a lot of the alphabet song with some help. She also loves to sing songs like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, “Row Row Row Your Boat”, and “The Eensy Weensy Spider” I really can’t believe how fast they learn everything.

Thing 2 knows all kinds of words, he communicates well. He picked up a book with colors and he started pointing out what the pictures were like "milk, cow, horse, truck, berries" and more, the we read it together. He puts on his summer hat and heads for the door saying “outside” he loves to be outside. Our neighbors put in a swing set with a slide and both kids love to go swing, slide, and jump on their trampoline. Thing 2 can feed himself with a spoon very well, he is getting good at using either hand and getting most of the food to his mouth. Thing 1 is okay at feeding herself, she is really good at it if she really likes what we are eating.

ties and rainbows 010ties and rainbows 025

Maybe they are learning so fast because we love to read books at our house. Mom and Dad are always enjoying a book, and read to the kids often. I hope my kids always love to read. I also hope they always like talking to me and to their dad. I love them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi boy and girl!! I'm so excited to see you guys. Those kiddos are seriously so smart and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete