We went to the Rupert 4th of July parade. I thought it was more fun to let the kids play and get to know each other again. Before it started we took some pictures. This is what I got, I’m sure my more talented sisters-in-law got better ones.
I missed getting a picture of the actually hug, but it was cute.
We tried to get a couple of the kids with Great-Grandpa, I even got one with Grandma in it.
My favorite part of the parade was afterwards, I ran into a friend from ISU. She was in my singles ward and then in our first married ward. I hadn’t seen her for a few years, so it was fun to catch up. I need to be better at keeping in touch with old friends. It was great to see her and meet her little ones.
The kids got to swim in a little pool, my kids love to swim, so this was a lot of fun. They also got to eat fresh strawberries from Grandma’s strawberry patch, “mo staw-berries please”. They had a blast being the center of attention with their cousins. It’s funny how much entertainment the Whipple’s get from the “grandkids”.
We lit off some fireworks before making the drive home, Thing 2 was very frightened of the big ones, so he was nervous the rest of the time. Thing 1 loves the poppers. She stayed up late and watched some of the big ones from our yard, she said “oooh” and “pink, yellow, moon”
Happy 4th of July!!
Love the pictures! So cute and looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteVery cute, I didn't really get that many good ones, especially with Grandpa....But I did get the most adorable one of thing 1 which I just put on facebook. It was fun seeing you guys, but definitely too short. Love you, and thanks for all the advice for Naomi, it helped talking to someone who actually knows :)
ReplyDelete