Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Remodel

We started a major project at our house. It seems like we are doing one each year. This one is really big and hopefully won’t cost very much for how much it will improve our house. This is how it is going so far.

068057

This is before, quite a while ago actually. I forgot to get a picture right before we broke through the ceiling. The ladder is how we used to get “upstairs”. I only went up twice and we have lived here for 4 years.

july swimming and remodel 025july swimming and remodel 026july swimming and remodel 027july swimming and remodel 028

These photos are from yesterday. My Dad and Jake tore out the ceiling where the stairway should have been. Unfortunately it was lath and plaster, so it was much more difficult than we thought it would be.

july swimming and remodel 030july swimming and remodel 032

We got this out today, I was a little sad because our kids used to look through the holes and say “hello”.

july swimming and remodel 033july swimming and remodel 035

Then they put up the stairs. They did amazing work and all in one day. I worked hard entertaining the kids, outside and away from the mess. We have done some serious cleaning in our living room and kitchen and upstairs. I will keep you posted on this big project.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool, you guys just made your house much much bigger! I cannot wait to visit and see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I'm so excited to see too!! That looks like a lot of work... but the pay off with be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I'm impressed that it's going so quickly. Hurry and get finished so I can have dad come here to help in my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete