Saturday, August 20, 2011

Don’t Forget

So there are a lot of little things you think I won’t forget. I won’t forget how Thing 2 growls instead of talks. I won’t forget how Thing 1 pulls out her pig tails all the time (mostly when it is inconvenient). I won’t forget how much they love ice cream cones, or how they chanted “ice cream cone, ice cream cone” at the Dairy Queen drive-thru. I won’t forget that whenever we ask what they want for dinner they say "Arby’s”.

I won’t forget how Thing 1 loves to get wet in the sprinkler, she even sits on it. I won’t forget how Thing 2 tells me “mom put shoes on right now!” or wants me to do anything he says “right now”.  I also never want to forget how Thing 2 stared at another tables food at a restaurant put his head down on the table and said “munch please”.

I don’t want to forget how they stared up at their new cousin and patted his bum like I did and wanted to hold him. I don’t want to forget how they say “love you mom” or sing “I love you”. I don’t want to forget fishy kisses from Thing 2 because he has fish on a pair of his jammies. I don’t want to forget how they would stand on their tippy toes to see out the front window, now they can see out flat footed.

I can’t forget that together they learned how to push over the baby gate. Don’t forget that Thing 2 loves to pick raspberries and eat them. I don’t want to forget how much they liked going to the library the first time. Or how Thing 1 can put her crocks on all by herself and gets them on the right feet most of the time. Don’t forget that they like to color, read stories, and swim in freezing cold water. I love how they dance and how they sing.

I love my two little ones, it is amazing how fast time is moving and how fast they learn and grow. I hope I never forget all the little things. I guess that is why I try to write them down.

August 081August 080August 079july swimming and remodel 018

No comments:

Post a Comment