Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Potty Training

How do people do it. I bought a potty training guide and got the kids all excited about the whole thing. We bought character underwear and lots of high fiber snacks and drinks. Jake went back to the store and bought another potty and more underwear. I didn’t have any idea a kid could pee so many times in one day, let alone two kids.

The guide said not to use pull ups and to get rid of every diaper. I borrowed some pull ups from my sister tonight because I just couldn’t do the night time plan. I’m not saying we didn’t have success. I have two kids who tell me they need to go potty most of the time and they even know how to stall at bedtime/naptime by telling me they need to go potty.

I hope tomorrow goes a little smother with a few less accidents. I also hope Thing 2 learns to hold it a little longer so we aren’t running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

We did spend about 20 minutes outside today and ran inside to use the  potty without an accident (victory?). Two more days according to the potty training guide, I hope we didn’t set ourselves back by using pull ups tonight. Wish us luck.

0330340362011-08-24_17-35-18_961

I should have gotten pictures of them running around in a shirt and underwear, that is what we did most of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the picture of her reading on the little potty. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete