We took the kids night skiing for the first time at our Ward party. I am not a good teacher. I did it all wrong and we only skied for about 30 minutes. I tried to bend down and hold their tips together and not let them lean on me, but it seemed like they couldn’t even stand up without leaning. I ended up skiing with them between my legs for a few turns then we went in to have dinner.
After eating we let the kids sled down a hill by the lodge. The kids had a blast sliding down the hill, the pictures of that were to dark and blurry to see anything. Hopefully the kids will remember that skiing was fun and want to try again next year when it is a little easier for me to bend over and hold their tips together.
They were both exhausted on the way home and fell asleep in the car. When we got home we took them in to bed. After I took off Thing 2’s shoes he said “take off my shoes”. Then I went to help Thing 1 and she said “take off my skis” in reference to her shoes. They went right back to sleep. Hopefully they are tired enough they will sleep in tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment