Last night Jake and I went to the Republican Caucus. My niece Lanae babysat for us. She finished feeding the kids dinner and then played with them. Thing 2 ran into the bathroom, shut the door, and locked himself in. Thing 1 and Thing 2 said get the screwdriver (apparently this happens a lot at our house). Lanae couldn’t find a screwdriver that was a flat head anywhere. Thing 2 was throwing rubber ducks around and putting his fingers and toes under the door.
Lanae tried to use her bobby pin and called her husband Mike to see if he could give her a suggestion. He came over to help and they got Thing 2 out of the bathroom. Jake has a screwdriver hanging in the cupboard outside the bathroom just for this situation. A butter knife even works to unlock the door.
We laughed for a long time last night about Thing 2 locking himself in the bathroom. So, next time we have a babysitter they will know where a screwdriver is and how to unlock the bathroom door.
That is hilarious! We have had this happen also, in Rawlins I actually had bust the door down, Steve was out of town and I could not get the door unlocked. After about a half hour I gave up in panick!!! She does it in our new house to, but I can just card the door here :) They are so smart to tell her to find a screwdriver :)
ReplyDelete