Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pie Day

One of my favorite days of the year is pie day. It is held Wednesday before Thanksgiving and all the sisters and nieces who can attend. We make a ton of pies and always try something new and often we have a few family friends come join the fun.

This year we made at least 22 pies. Some went to other Thanksgivings but the majority stayed at the Stewart home for our Thanksgiving feast. I even learned a new trick to get the pie crust into the pie pan (thanks Carolyn). Unfortunately my sister Sally wasn’t able to make it to Pie day and she usually rolls the pie dough so I did a lot of the rolling.

Photo: 19 pies. 5 dozen chocolate covered Oreos and a whole lot of dishes later.. our pie day is complete!

Photo: I'm thankful for my family's amazing bakers, I didn't have to do a thing except eat

My niece also helped me make chocolate covered Oreos for a teacher appreciation gift. So we ended up making a lot of yummy treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment