Monday, November 5, 2012

Pulled Over

So tonight on my way home from work I got pulled over for the first time ever. I was talking to Jake on the phone and said oh crap and hung up on him. I knew my blinker doesn’t work in my car. I just drive it to work and home so I figured it wasn’t a huge deal. When I got pulled over he said there were two reasons first my tail lights weren’t on at all (with day light savings it was pretty dark at 6:45) and my registration had expired.

He was super nice and tried to help me turn on my tail lights (the headlights were on but we couldn’t get the tail lights to work). He asked how far I had to drive home and it is about 3 miles on a highway so he told me to drive with my hazards on. Then he checked my license and registration (expired in July—right after P was born). No ticket, hurray!

I made it home and Jake played around for a few minutes and got the lights to come on and showed me how, he says there must be a short or fuse problem because they didn’t automatically come on. Someday I will get a nice car to drive to work, but it won’t happen until we pay off the Acadia and our student loans.

Some days I feel like I drive the junkiest car of all my coworkers and I’m a pharmacist. I do feel blessed that it still runs and has had few problems it has 230,000+ miles on it and still starts every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment