We have had a few days with Dad gone, he went on a road trip with some friends from High School. I have missed him, he does a lot to keep things going and he usually helps at least once in the middle of the night. The first night I didn't think we were going to make it, but the last two nights went better. We have had some fun with dad gone.
Thursday after he left we went to Rexburg for a graduation party for my nephew, with all my nieces and sisters there, I didn't have to do much to keep the kids entertained. I have to say thank you to my niece Lanae who road with us and kept putting the binkie back in Thing 2's mouth the whole way home (I really thought he would go to sleep). She also sat with us during Sacrament Meeting today so I could at least go to some of church (I'm not brave enough to do it alone).
Friday my sister Sally babysat for an hour so I could run some errands. The kids got to play with their cousins (Sally's kids and Charlynn's baby M).
Saturday Charlynn invited me over to do an ab exercise video and have breakfast...I didn't think I had abs left after the pregnancy, but I can sure feel them today.
Sunday we went to church with Lanae. Mom made a rhubarb crumb cake (yum). Then we went to Charlynn and Ivan's house for dinner. After dinner we went to the cemetery for memorial day. I cut some apple blossoms off my tree and Charlynn had some lilacs in bloom (mine haven't bloomed yet).
We are ready for Dad to be home. Tonight getting them to bed was horrible. Thing 1 was exhausted and grouchy but had to wait for Thing 2 to eat first (because he is a lot faster at eating). I put him down and he screamed the entire time I was feeding Thing 1. She was out, and then I had to rock him until he calmed down. I laid him down and he started to chat with the animals on his mobile, like nothing had been wrong at all. Silly boy.
Thing 1 has been my explorer, but in the past few days Thing 2 has followed suite and has crawled through the hallway and toward the top of the stairs, he looks at them like I can do it, and then I pick him up before he tumbles down. Thing 2 has also mastered waving. He can wave his arm or he can use his fingers it is pretty cute. Thing 1 also waves her fingers. Thing 2 has also been passing his toys from his hands to in between his feet. It reminds me of one of those ab exercises when he does is with a ball.
Thing 1 crawled under the table and found my little greenhouse I need to plant.
It looked like she was trying to stand up next to it, she ended up kneeling.
Thing 2 followed right along and crawled under the table too.
Thing 1 found my lunch box and then she got tangled in it, she was pulling it across the room.
Yeah, mom came to get me untangled.
Whenever I have the camera Thing 2 wants to get closer and closer to me.
All ready for church, we were even on time with just me getting everyone ready.
I'm ready too!
Cute flower, I wish she would leave them in, but if we are lucky they stay in about a half hour.
Great post. It is so fun to see a glimpse of your life!
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean you get to take off for a few days while he mans the twins solo?
Won't it be nice when they are both in nursery and you can just drop them off and head to class! I am always ready for mine to go in by the time they are about a year old. Way to go holding down the fort all by yourself. It is good for husbands to get away sometimes, and you are a good wife to support him. Now next time it is your turn, lets plan a girls weekend!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! Looks like you survived!!
ReplyDelete