The first few photos are just to show them in their winter coats. Last year I ordered these from The Children's Place on clearance. They were like $8 they have a fleece liner that comes out and can be its own jacket. If only I had known that I would have little toddlers who need a 12 month coat not an 18 month coat.
I'm pretty sure her coat goes down to her knees.
Jake is training them young, he really wants some help with the yard (he has dirt around his mouth in this picture from tasting the rocks)
Ready for church (I always feel like this is an accomplishment worthy of pictures because most of the time I do it all by myself and get to church on time)
There have been a few very cute notable moments recently.
- We were outside working in the yard digging and planting tulips for next spring. Thing 2 enjoyed finding rocks and tasting them. He picked one up and licked it and then held it out for Texas to lick and said "mmmm".
- Over conference weekend they both learned to wave their arms to lead music. They both still do it when they hear the prelude music and hymns at church.
- The other night at dinner we turned the kids so they were facing us while we all sat and ate together. All the sudden Thing 1 said "oh my oh my oh my". Maybe we have been reading the dinosaur book to often.
- Today, Thing 2 learned to say "apple" very well. Thing 1 says it too but not quite as clear.
- Thing 1 is getting very proficient at nodding for yes. Tonight I asked her if she wanted her milk she nodded, then she did a happy dance as I was getting it ready for her. She also says binkie quite well.
- I was letting Thing 2 finish his dinner and letting Thing 1 brush her teeth, Thing 2 just kept saying "teeth" over and over. So I let him brush his teeth.
- Thing 1 always wants to throw her diaper away, in the middle of the night if she wakes up sad I change her diaper and if I let her hold the diaper and throw it away she is happy.
- Jake was playing Angry Birds on his ipod and told Thing 1 they were bad piggies and she poked the screen and said "bad piggy".
- Both babies love to have stories read to them. They are always carrying around books and bringing them to Jake or me to read.
- They have also learned to throw balls and ride the little sit and scoot (in reverse).
- Bath
- Dad
- Baby
- Ball
- Moo (we have cows in our field)
- Drink (kind of)
- Pretty
- Stinky
- Book
- Shoe
Those coats are very cute, I bet they will fit them great towards the end of winter. They are so dang smart, Naomi isn't saying nearly that many words. Well she might be, we just can't understand them :) Very cute, we are so excited to see you all on Thanksgiving. YUM Turkey!!
ReplyDelete