Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

This is the photo on our Christmas card.

Thing 1 with uncle Ivan

I really want a picture of him walking away with both kids, but this is a start

Yum!

This year was very eventful. We watched our babies turn into toddlers. They have learned so much in the past year. Last Christmas they didn't even know how to roll over. Now they are running. In the past week they even learned how to climb onto the couch. Now for getting down gracefully, and how do you childproof your lamps that can be tipped off the end table?

Not only have they learned to move they learned to talk. They say so many words it is fun to listen to them. It is also fun to watch them follow a command, dance, sing, and lead the music at church. I love the awe in their eyes when we look at the Christmas lights. They truly are the love of our lives. They make our family wonderful.

Jake has enjoyed and dreaded his year staying home with them. He loves them, but a 10 hour day with just 2 kids is hard. It is also hard to accomplish much with 2 kids wanting you to read stories to them constantly. He was released from the scouts and is now the ward clerk, he is good at his job and I think he enjoys it some of the time.

I was able to cut back my hours at Wal-mart enough that I only have to work 3 days a week. It is difficult to leave each day, but nice that one of us is able to say home with the twins. I have been the cub committee chair and just got released last Sunday and was called to be a visiting teaching district leader, I thought that was an old lady calling, but I guess it is also good for a mom with two 1 year olds. I'm excited not to be in scouts anymore, I have served in scouts for the past 3 1/2 years.

Texas has been slightly neglected over the past year, we tried to get out and play with him, but mostly he has been free to wander. He is very good with the babies, although Thing 1 is still a little nervous around him. Thing 2 is very brave and loves to get right into his face.

We are grateful for this time of the year. We love the Savior. I am grateful for His birth, His life, and His sacrifice for me. Merry Christmas!

Love,

The Whipple Family

1 comment:

  1. I love your family picture & that skirt on your little girl is just darling. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete