This year we were suppose to go to Burley for Thanksgiving because all of Jake's brothers and sisters were going to be there except for Tom (aka Elder Whipple). The roads were so bad that after finding out that half of his siblings weren't going to make it we were going to stay in Blackfoot as well. I had to work early Friday morning so we would have had to make the drive while it was dark on the way home.
My favorite tradition for Thanksgiving is "pie day". The day before Thanksgiving my sisters who are in the area go to my mom's house and we make pie for Thanksgiving. We make all kinds and I make a few to take to Burley if we are having Thanksgiving there. We usually end up with about 20 pies for my mom's house at Thanksgiving. This year I made 3 to take to the Whipple's.
When we decided to turn around and come home I wondered what we would do with 3 extra pies. I called my neighbor and asked if they could use them. They wanted them so we were set to crash Thanksgiving at my parents house. I did make a contribution, Jake wanted some whole wheat rolls so I made some dough the night before and made the rolls to take with us, I burned the first pan in my mom's outdoor oven and most of the rest were eaten before dinner because people were hungry.
This is what I get when I tell Thing 1 to say cheese.
Thing 2 enjoying his meal, waiting for the food was difficult for him.
Our cousins M & M, holding hands very cute. One is 18 months the other is 23 months
We missed you guys a lot at Thanksgiving. I hope we get to see you sometime over the holidays. We will not be going to Burley for Christmas, but we are going to plan a trip to SLC to see the Christmas Lights and meet anyone there who would like to come. We will get a hotel room for one night Probably the night of the 17th. I will call you, Maybe you guys would like to go???? Chris and Doug said they are going to do it, it would be a lot of fun!!! Your kids are adorable, and I love your new bathroom! Cute pictures, I hope you guys are doing good!!!
ReplyDelete