We have an interesting situation having twins, one boy and one girl. Since the two bathe together they are learning anatomy that normally a child at 18 months wouldn’t know about. Or at least not know the other genders.
Thing 1 discovered Thing 2’s privates first and started looking for her own. I had to remind her not to touch Thing 2’s part more than once, and I still have to remind him not to touch himself during bath time. Because Thing 1 couldn’t find her own I had to explain that she has a different part. Both kids now know that Thing 2 and Dad have one part and Mom and Thing 1 have the other one. Both can say the name of each part and while having diaper changes or in the bath point them out. While I’m changing Thing 1 she says “p___, no ‘ina”.
So hilarious. Lucy did not learn those things until a little later, and Naomi really has no clue. She says Poo Poo for those parts at this point :) It is a good education for your little ones.
ReplyDelete