Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Funk

Do you ever feel like your opinion of yourself just keeps getting worse and worse?

I have felt that way this week. I’ve felt fat. I’ve felt stupid. I’ve felt unimportant. I’ve felt like I don’t have friends, or at least that I can’t make new friends. It just seems that every time I turn around this week I feel like a failure. I feel like a bad mom, I leave my kids three days a week to work and leave someone else to take care of them. I feel like a bad wife the majority of the time. I use to think I was a nice person and now I feel like I’m judgmental and rude.

How do you get out of a funk like this? How can I improve myself to overcome all this? I’m not saying that I don’t like my life, I love my kids and my husband. I like my house and love my family and Jake’s family. I’m glad I have a job to support my family. It’s just sometimes life gets you down.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are in a funk. I don't know the best way to pull out of them, but I know how you feel......life is hard and being a grown-up sucks sometimes. I love you and I don't think you're fat, stupid, unimportant, or friendless! You are awesome and a great example to me. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely not any of those things! You are a beautiful daughter of God and you are an amazing mother and wife! I think that everyone feels this way! I recently have felt the same way! but you should know that you are a great woman and should never feel badly about yourself! Keep your head high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have days, weeks, months, years just like this :) Hang in there, you really are a great friend, mom, wife and person, just keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even count how many times I have felt just like this. There is no magic wand to get rid of it, the heart and head often fail to communicate even these most basic of truths: you are great the way you are, you are blessed and your children are blessed to have you, nothing good happens by accident, life is hard so we appreciate the easy. And I'd totally be your friend.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete