Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coloring With Dad

Family reunion 029Family reunion 033Family reunion 034Family reunion 032Family reunion 035Family reunion 037

A few weeks ago we had a break from our normal Sunday and watched General Conference. It was really nice to be at home and listen to the messages we needed to hear. During the afternoon session Jake and the kids colored. I was thinking about how nice Conference was, today at church.

Before the opening song Thing 2 decided he wanted to lay on the bench to “take a nap” then he said “I need a pillow” over and over then I told him we didn’t have a pillow and he said “I need a pillow, right now!” Of course 2 year olds are great at whispering.

As the meeting progressed, Thing 2 decided he needed to go potty “right now” so I had to take both kids to the restroom have them both go potty and “sneak” back to our bench, which unfortunately is toward the front of the chapel.

Thing 2 and Thing 1 tried to escape our bench more than once. I was grateful that a gentleman sat at the end of our bench and blocked the way. The kids both enjoyed showing him their toys and climbing on him a little. I tried to discourage them, but he said it was okay and seemed to enjoy playing with them.

Thing 1 decided she needed all four of the magnet balls and didn’t want to share two with Thing 2. Fighting over toys is never fun to deal with let alone when you need to deal with it quietly.

Then, I convinced them that drawing would be fun, I could only find one pencil. So Thing 2 got to draw and Thing 1 got fruit snacks. Luckily for me the meeting was slightly shorter than normal and we made it to the end.

Exhausting. Anyone want to take them next Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to but do I have to come pick them up???? My kids would love some entertainment during Sacrament meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll watch your cuties for you next Sunday! Only, V. has recently told me that babies and toddlers scare her. ?? She doesn't like how loud they are, or that they take her toys, or sometimes hit her on the head! You can tell she hasn't been around little little ones very often!
    P.S.
    Your kids are so cute and we didn't hear noise above what's normal in Sacrament meeting! Don't worry about it, We've all been there!

    ReplyDelete