Monday, October 3, 2011

Whipple Family Reunion

We had a family reunion last weekend. Jake was in charge and because we wanted everyone to be able to attend we had it late in the summer and made it pretty simple. We spent the day in Burley (where Jake’s parents live). We had breakfast together. Then we had a tennis tournament at the “awesome” Burley tennis courts (for those of you who haven’t seen them I am being sarcastic). The courts are in need of some resurfacing at the very least. The kids played at the park while we took turns playing. It was a lot of fun, I miss being able to actually play a full set without kids running onto the court.

We went back to Jake’s parent’s house and let the kids nap. Then we went out to Lake Walcott and had a BBQ and played. The adults played football while Grandma, me and the kids played on the swings and slides. We took a walk to the lake and then rushed back to Burley for the General Relief Society Meeting. We didn’t make it in time. So we took the kids swimming at the hotel swimming pool.

It was great to see everyone. Becky and Jeff didn’t make it until Sunday for Tom’s mission report. It was great to visit with them, Jeff has been in Iraq for the past year and he made it back just a week before Tom’s homecoming talk.

I didn’t take very many pictures. But here is what I got. I love that Thing 2 held on to Uncle Phil’s ears while he was riding on his shoulders. I don’t remember what Thing 1 was clapping for, probably for some trick she did, her uncles and aunts cheer for every little trick she does and she eats it up.

Family reunion 017Family reunion 018Family reunion 019Family reunion 022Family reunion 024Family reunion 015

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. The kids are darling, as always!

    ReplyDelete